Project Support Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Cardiff
Category: Construction Trades and Operatives
- To develop and maintain a business appropriate control environment for all City Deal operations, enhancing and improving associated governance structures and the overall programme delivery framework.
- To proactively identify areas of business risk and produce relevant and meaningful mitigation plans.
- To develop and oversee the approach to financial assurance, balancing the imperative to deliver projects and schemes in challenging environments and ensuring risks are identified, managed and mitigated.
- To demonstrate sophisticated understanding of risk and develop the processes and systems that enable and support Risk-Reward endeavours, ensuring audit, reviews and performance information is used to transform, innovate and identify hidden value.
- To perform the lead function for the development of data, evidence and monitoring information, to inform and underpin the National and Local Evaluation Framework and the five-yearly Gateway Reviews. To drive a culture of self-assessment that promotes self-awareness and strong and ongoing evaluation.
- To develop professional and practice networks nationally, through external relationships and partnerships that support the regional growth agenda and a focus on peer assessment and review.
- To oversee compliance with the Investment and Intervention Framework; the robust operation and interaction of the three funds and ensure the process contributes positively to the principles enshrined within the Joint Working Agreement. To monitor the ongoing fitness for purpose of the Assurance Framework ensuring it remains relevant to delivery agents.
- To be responsible for ongoing adherence to the Joint Working Agreement, ensuring the principles of good governance, effective decision-making and compliance with HM Treasury and Welsh Government processes and procedures.
- To oversee budgetary performance, forecasting and evaluation of business productivity - identifying areas for efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience of financial reporting and working in a Project environment and with multiple stakeholders to provide relevant, timely and concise information that evaluates progress, whilst informing and shaping the way forward.
- Sound and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of accountancy or Project Management practices & Tools.
- Business acumen and an appreciation of commercial and investment propositions
- A proficient understanding of IT packages including MS Office
- Council Based experience would be highly beneficial
- Temp Contract
- £15.33 per hour (Paid via Umbrella)
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email