Akton Recruitment currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Programme Manager within the Local Authority in South London
Job Summary; To lead inter connected projects that deliver substantial changes within a service &/or geographical &/or functional area. The nature of the projects & thus the experience needed will vary according to the service area, however, the worker will be expected to oversee systems and processes necessary for tracking, planning and execution of projects, analyse and respond to potential risks to avoid project delay/ failure, select &/or support project members, ensure completion of deliverables and adherence to timelines. Leading on appropriate consultation, and delivering the projects making use of the organisation’s decision making processes to ensure that the program is achieved.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent – or substantial relevant experience in a local authority environment.
- Significant experience of leading and delivering complex multiple projects in a related field within a large multi disciplinary organisation to achieve organisational change.
- Experience of using Prince 2 project management techniques.
- Good IT skills including experience and understanding of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of social diversity and equal opportunities and the ability to demonstrate this throughout all aspects of practice.
- Good team working skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- High level report writing & presentation skills.
- Experience of managing multi disciplinary teams others.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Customer focused.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Results oriented.
If you would like to apply for this position please send a CV or call 01772 428186 and ask for Jordan for more details.