Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position is fundamental in delivering all on-site manufacturing activities in-line with the Company's order requirements, quality standards and cost targets.
Based in Preston, UK.
The successful candidate will be part of the operational management team, leading the production staff to meet and exceed both internal and external customer expectations, whilst developing the capabilities and efficiencies within the manufacturing areas.
- Leadership, development, and management of all production employees.
- Delivering and exceeding customer lead-times and quality expectations through the active management and control of the manufacturing requirements.
- Develop a continuous philosophy aimed to maximise efficiency of labour and materials, improve planning and enhance the high standards of product quality through application of best manufacturing practice.
- Lead and ensure the application of clear standards of labour organisation and control, covering both the fundamental issues of discipline and personal development planning.
- Ensure consistent high standards of health, safety and environmental concerns within all production areas. Encourage and develop all production employees to accept responsibility for their contribution towards even higher standards.
- Record all non-conformance's and quality issues, implement root cause analysis techniques to ensure corrective and lasting remedial actions are implemented.
- Adhering to the Company's ISO 9001:2015 accreditation, PED, DNV type approvals and ISPM15 certifications, inclusive of all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure high levels of communication and effective working relationships between all internal departments within the company. Fully embracing the company culture and values at all times.
- Ideally with a degree or HNC/HND qualifications in a mechanical engineering and/or an engineered manufacturing discipline.
- A successful and demonstrable track record of managing high volume, fast moving manufacturing activities in an engineering environment.
- Commercial and customer appreciation will support your experience in driving and achieving productivity and efficiency gains.
- Awareness and best practice expertise in the manufacture and supply of metallic, industrial rubber and PTFE hose and coupling assemblies.
- Personal attributes of calmness, confidence, flexibility and excellent inter-personal skills. Able to gain respect and credibility at both senior and shop floor level. A natural, pro-active leader with strong powers of persuasion, motivation, determination and resilience.
- Committed to the development of their departmental team members through effective employee development and training.
- A team player that is appreciative of the overall Company objectives and thus being able to work with other departments and their managers to achieve the common business goals.
- Strongly committed to promoting quality, health, safety and environmental standards. Up to-date knowledge of legislative and ISO: 9001 requirements in a manufacturing environment.
- Ideally ISOH/NEBOSH qualified or equivalent
- Preparedness to 'walk the job' and where necessary adopt a hands-on approach.