Procurement Support Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Durham
- To provide professional procurement technical support to the organisation to support the establishment, development and ongoing performance of a proactive, modern and strategic Corporate Procurement function suitable to meet the requirements of the unitary authority.
- To provide technical support to help the function to ensure that all procurement decisions of the Council help to deliver the Council Plan objectives by demonstrating value for money and the effective use of resources and to ensure that procurement spend is managed strategically to achieve community benefits and the continuous improvement in service delivery
To develop and deliver procurement training activities to all procurement staff, Members including in service areas and partner organisations.
Making payments to organisations and making collection of service level agreement charges and rebates in an effective and efficient manner in accordance with agreed timescales.
To develop and present information, presentation data, benchmarking data and general procurement data and information.
To deliver small procurement, purchasing and contracting projects.
To assist in the preparation of various procurement policies, procurement systems, procurement processes and code of practice/tool kits.
To maintain a library of various elements of procurement data and information.
- CIPS part qualified to Diploma Level 4 or other equivalent level qualification with a commitment to achieve CIPS Diploma Level 4 within a mutually agreed timescale OR NVQ 3 in a Business or Finance related subject and 4 GCSE passes (Grade A/B/C) or equivalent
- Knowledge of the latest best procurement practices and approaches
- A good background in general finance and business activities
- Experience of developing reports and information by using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other ICT software / platforms
- Temp Contract
- Based in Durham
- £10 per hour (Paid via Umbrella Company - Rate Uplifted to cover charges)
- Full Time Hours
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email