Principal Transport Planner required for a fantastic contract based in Brixton
Local Authority Work
- To develop and manage, in conjunction with the Transport and Public Realm Strategy Manager, the delivery of high profile, high quality and high value transport infrastructure projects, within a programme of regeneration.
- The post holder will maximise inward investment from the private and public sectors to support transport and infrastructure projects and wider transport objectives.
- The post holder will act as internal sponsor for a range of highway improvement projects that support implementation of Lambeth's Transport Strategy.
- The post holder will ensure that new development complies with local, regional and national planning and transport policies; that there is no adverse safety or traffic impact resulting from new development; and that the Council's regeneration aims are supported, including the provision of advice on transport matters in projects promoted by the council and its partners.
- Transport Planner / Project Manager to drive forward our ambitious programme of transport and public realm improvements
- Knowledge of the key principles and practices of traffic engineering schemes including road safety, traffic management, bus transport and parking. Understanding of public realm delivery including in relation to pedestrians, cyclists and buses
- Experience of working in a transport planning environment, with demonstrable project management experience in the public or private sectors, supported by relevant professional qualifications.
- A relevant qualification in town planning, engineering, transport planning, or related subject.
- The Contract
- Locum Contract
- 4 Months + Ongoing
- £31 per hour Umbrella
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email