Salary: £50,000 plus car allowance
The company's leading sustainability & building physics team is a key part of its international business. They pride themselves on their exemplary track record of designing innovative, sustainable and energy-efficient solutions, that minimize the use of natural resources. Due to the international nature of their business, they encourage any opportunity for knowledge sharing between our global teams.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented engineer to join our Manchester office, to work on some of the most exciting sustainable design projects in the UK and around the world.
Reporting into the two London Sustainability Partners, you will be responsible for team resourcing, technical and financial performance, so a robust financial management understanding is important. Duties will include coordinating fee proposals and bids with our in-house marketing team, business development and networking across multiple industry sectors, providing internal and external market thought leadership, as well as resources managing, training and mentoring of junior staff.
You will be responsible for client management and project delivery for our key workstreams:
- Building physics and parametric model services
- Building performance and operational energy optimisation
- Health and wellbeing advice and guidance
- Indoor environmental quality monitoring services
- Bespoke sustainability frameworks
- Educated to Masters level (or equivalent) in Engineering or the Built Environment
- you will have gained relevant practical experience in a similar role
- have demonstrable knowledge and experience of sustainability and building physics
- particularly in relation to thermal comfort, natural ventilation, compliance modeling, and real operational energy assessments.
- Knowledge of dynamic simulation software, mechanical design, UK Building Regulations, Planning issues, climate-based daylighting analysis, operational energy calculation and life cycle carbon costing is beneficial.
- You will also have a solid understanding of financial and resource management.
- Given the collaborative and client-focused nature of this role, excellent communication skills and experience of using your initiative to overcome challenges are essential.
- Car allowance
- Pension scheme
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare Plan
- 28 Days Holiday (with the opportunity to obtain more)
If you want more information, call Kyle Armstrong at Akton Recruitment on 0161 233 0034 or send your CV to email@example.com