- To be the lead Planning Officer for a defined area of the Borough to ensure a co-ordinated approach to planning, development and regeneration within that area.
- To assist the Area Delivery Leads or Major Applications Coordinator in the management of the team and undertaking work of a strategic nature.
- To lead and manage complex agreements including commissioning and clienting professional services and managing the risk to the council.
- To provide guidance to key strategic decision-makers and making a full contribution to the achievement of relevant performance targets and corporate outcomes.
- To prepare planning and site briefs for major development sites as required and act as a thematic lead for areas of strategic interest for the council.
- To take responsibility for providing area-focused development management advice and information for a specific area of the Borough, establishing close working relationships with town teams and neighbourhood services colleagues to deliver corporate objectives through the planning process.
- To contribute to the development of a strategic planning function including the review of the London Plan, local planning policy documents and the formulation of new strategic policies and site proposals to promote the Council’s regeneration framework and provides an integrated approach to planning, regeneration and development issues.
- An RTPI-recognised degree level qualification in Town Planning or equivalent
- Eligible for Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant planning legislation, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and awareness of current issues and developments affecting planning, growth, urban regeneration and local government in London.
- Extensive experience of Town Planning work, including significant experience of development control work with responsibility for dealing with a planning application caseload that includes major and complex applications.
- 9-12 Months Maternity Cover
- Inside IR35