Salary: £50,000 plus car allowance
Established in the UK 40 years ago, the company has developed into an international multi-disciplinary consultancy operating from over 20 locations across the globe. They currently operate in the UK, Australia, Asia, MENA, and Europe. They have taken our UK knowledge and award-winning engineering expertise to each of these markets and tailored it to suit individual local needs. Their success in these new markets is attributed to our ability to be flexible, highly responsive and adaptable to the different challenges, regulations and local practices that influence the delivery of projects in each region. With over 900 staff across the globe offering a full range of integrated engineering services, they are big enough to be able to provide a highly focused and dedicated team on our clients’ projects, but still at a size where their core values can be effectively applied. The Building Services team is a source of world-leading expertise and offers a pro-active and collaborative approach to skill development, and professional excellence.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join the team at our Newcastle office, to lead and manage the design of some of the most exciting commercial building projects in the UK and internationally.
As a leading figure in our established team of expert design engineers and technicians, and working closely with colleagues of various disciplines, you will prepare, oversee, and manage detailed engineering designs using Amtech and Dialux across a variety of sectors such as Healthcare, Residential, Retail, Education and Critical Systems.
You will take responsibility for the management of projects and achieve financial and time deadlines – attending and leading project and design meetings to ensure successful planning, allocation, and coordination of work.
- Having gained relevant experience in an electrical engineering role within a building services context (electrical distribution and power generation, lighting design, security systems etc)
- Experience of detailed co-ordination with other design disciplines, you are already well versed in the use of relevant design software such as Amtech and Dialux.
- You have experience overseeing the work of more junior colleagues and have proven ability in producing low energy design solutions, carrying out site inspections and surveys, detail design development.
- Possess a passion for creative and intuitive design.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of using your initiative to overcome challenges are essential.
- Car allowance
- Healthcare Plan
- 28 days holiday (with the opportunity to obtain more)
If you want more information, call Kyle Armstrong at Akton Recruitment on 0161 233 0034 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org