- To carry out the duties of a Principal Designer as defined in the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015, including the preparation of the Pre Construction Information Pack and Health & Safety File.
- Provide senior professional advice on CDM Regulations to the Client on the competence and suitability of Principal Contractors, Contractors and Designers.
- Provide advice to the Client , including project management procedures and the suitability of the Principal Contractor’s developed Construction Phase Plan prior to the construction phase being allowed to commence on site.
- To attend meetings as required and liaise fully with the Client , Designers, Principal Contractors and Contractors to ensure that the projects are designed and managed in accordance with current Health & Safety legislation.
- To collate, prepare and maintain the Health & Safety Files and Health & Safety File register.
- Provide advice on Construction Health & Safety legislation to, and carry out Health & Safety duties on behalf of, the Client when requested.
- To assist in the preparation and maintenance of council data and project / property records and reports.
- To undertake any other duties as required which are appropriate to the level of the post.
- To provide guidance to employees within the Facilities Management Service, the Council and external design consultants / contractors working on Council projects and their duties under the CDM Regulations, ensuring compliance with relevant construction legislation, quality and value.
- To provide technical and procedural advice to Clients, Project Managers and Designers to ensure that the project end product meets the required technical standards in terms of health & safety as defined by the Health & Safety Management Regulations, the CDM Regulations and other associated legislation.
- Maintaining and developing personal competence to meet the demands of both the Built Environment Department and internal and external clients.
- Understands and applies health and safety working practices, including risk in own area of work
- Uses a range of specialist ICT systems across own work area and or across other areas of work to generate reports and documents.
- Previous council experience would be beneficial
- The Contract
- Locum Contract
- 2 Months +
- £19 per hour
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org