Portfolio Lead- Met Office
The newly formed Met Office (MO) Programmes Directorate is responsible for delivering a significant number of programmes and projects for the MO. Until now delivery has been dispersed across different teams and Directorates across the Office, but recently the ppm delivery capability has been centralised into the Programmes Directorate.
It is critical to our success that we build a fit-for-purpose PMO capability - increasing our expertise and maturity to support fast and effective decision-making through increased visibility and confidence in our programme and project data and delivery.
3. Job Purpose
As a member of the MO PMO team delivering our £1.2 billion Supercomputer Programme you will be responsible for leading the risk management function. There will also be opportunity to contribute to development of the wider Met Office PMO strategy and maturity development.
The role will lead the risk management function including regular interface with our commercial delivery partner. Managing and developing our risk management maturity beyond our existing approach.
4. Job Responsibilities
1. Champion better Risk and Issue Management through the development and implementation of strategies, processes and procedures in accordance with best practice and the complexity of the specific initiative. Provide strategic-level advice to senior leaders and the MO PMO Lead on Risk and Issue Management. Provide leadership of Risk and Issue Management within The Programme Directorate.
2. Provision of expert strategic-level advice on Supercomputer Risks and Issues to Project/Programme Managers and senior leaders. Develop a programme of regular risk and issue reviews with key stakeholders. Point of expert professional knowledge and experience on Supercomputer Risk and Issue Management and wider risk and issue management for the MO PMO. Support the business in identifying appropriate strategies for dealing with Risk and Issues.
3. Responsible for facilitating the identification, analysis and monitoring of Supercomputer Risks and Issues. Direct the creation and format of periodic and ad-hoc Risk and Issues reports, including qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, as required by Supercomputer Governance bodies. Liaise with external commercial delivery partners and external government reporting bodies. Establish and maintain the Risk, Issues and Assumptions database and registers for Supercomputer.
4. Build effective working relationships and communicate with all stakeholders of the Programme to ensure that all RAID activity is focused on achievement of the business case benefits.
5. Maintain, collate and report on relevant metrics to provide Senior Management with a consistent, clear view of RAID activities to enable fast and effective decision making.
5. Essential Criteria
1. Significant experience in a specialist risk and issues management role in a PMO for a large complex technology programme.
2. Excellent understanding and demonstrable proactive management of risk and issues. Providing necessary management information for decision making.
3. Experience of working in Agile, hybrid, and waterfall project/programme delivery environments, with varying levels of maturity.
5. Ability to "drive for delivery" through excellent communication skills that emphasise both clarity and engagement and show a proven ability to work well as a member of a team.
6. Adept at presenting insights and trends in a variety of formats and levels of detail to suit different audience requirements.
7. Excellent planning and organisational skills, demonstrating the ability to prioritise and manage simultaneous tasks whilst ensuring clear analytical and problem-solving skills.
8. Experience in using and developing SharePoint, MS Power Apps and PowerBI to capture and present data for a variety of audiences.
6. Desirable Criteria
1. Management of Risk Practitioner qualification
Up to £540 per day
about 1 month ago
Portfolio Lead- Met Office