Planning Service Manager Required for a fantastic contract based Hertford
- The Service Manager (DM) will act as the lead Officer responsible for the delivery of the Council's Development Management functions. The post holder will also ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient planning enforcement service.
- The Service Manager (DM) will work to ensure that all DM and enforcement work is undertaken to a high quality standard, in accordance with agreed performance indicators and ensuring that all legislative and statutory requirements, including the need to deal with challenges, prepare and present evidence and appear as a representative of the Council, are met.
- The Service Manager (DM) will work closely with the other Service Managers for the Planning service to ensure that all team staff are able to be involved in work beyond the normal scope of their role, to ensure that all team staff have access to development opportunities, to ensure resources are aligned to service demands, to ensure that staff of appropriate skill and experience are assigned appropriately and to ensure that appropriate staff teams are assigned to project work as necessary.
- The Service Manager (DM) will ensure that they are fully informed at all times with regard to the national and regional development management and enforcement environment, identifying, reviewing and analysing the impact on service delivery form all relevant agencies, including national government, making representations, working cooperatively and building relationships where appropriate to ensure that the Council is operating effectively in relation to the development management and enforcement environment.
- The Service Manager (DM) will act as a decision making officer, determining planning applications dealt with by more junior officer colleagues as appropriate in accordance with the scheme of delegation.
- The Service Manager (DM) will work with all Officers and take action, as appropriate, to ensure consistency of planning application decision making.
- The Service Manager (DM) will undertake all tasks as necessary to support, guide and assist staff within their team or assigned to them, supporting them to deliver their work, resolve problems, project manage, procuring additional skills and resources where required.
- The Service Manager (DM) will be available to work across service boundaries within the Council to support, assist and enable delivery of the Council's wider service aspirations.
- The Service Manager (DM) will deputise for the Head of Planning and Building Control where necessary and appropriate.
- The Service Manager (DM) will ensure the active management of staff within their team or assigned to them, undertaking regular work planning meetings and other management activity on a 1-2-1 basis and ensuring that staff Performance Review Processes (PDRs) or any process that replaces this in the future, are undertaken.
- Post holders are expected to hold a first degree and a
- Post degree qualification in Town and Country Planning or an equivalent relevant discipline.
- Post holders are expected to be Members of the RTPI.
- Management qualification is desirable.
- The post holder should be able to demonstrate full knowledge and experience of the relevant issues,
statutory planning system and the relevant legislative framework with regard to the development management and planning enforcement services as appropriate.
- The post holder should be able to demonstrate experience of leading a team of professional staff delivering a high quality service to customers within budget, resource and performance management
- 3 Months Contract + Ongoing
- £60 per hour (Paid via Umbrella Company - Inside IR35)
- Based in Hertford
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email