Planning Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Macclesfield
Development Management Planning Officer
- Manage a caseload of planning applications (predominantly minor and househoulder applications). The candidate will be expected to determine a high volume of small scale applications in a timely manner and to a high standard.
- Undertake site visits.
- Write a professional report of recommendation for each planning application.
- Negotiate amendments to planning applications with agents and applicants where appropriate.
- Provide planning advice to agents, applicants, members of the public and councillors.
- Green Belt experience is desirable.
- Will be required to travel throughout Cheshire East for site visits but report writing can be undertaken remotely.
- A degree or diploma in Planning or a closely related discipline
- Experience in preparing and presenting reports
- Ability to interpret and implement legislation applicable to the area of work
- Knowledge of current environmental issues
- Ability to work in a collaborative way with other professionals
- Temp Contract
- Council Based role
- £12.69 per hour (Paid Umbrella - Rate Uplifted to cover charges)
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email