Planning Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Wakefield
- To take a lead role and assist the Council and its partners to deliver outcomes on major and complex planning applications, provide pre-submission advice, deal with appeal case work in order to secure the best planning outcome.
- To be able to produce reports which place a strong emphasis on planning policy and provide design guidance. Case work may include effective negotiation of planning performance agreements, calculation of CIL contributions and coordinate associated legal agreements.
- To case manage a live case load; ensuring that issues are recorded and dealt with in accordance with the agreed target(s) and timescale(s) associated with national requirements corporate objectives and or through the terms of performance agreements.
- To prepare professional reports and produce and present evidence for appeals. Ensure that planning policies and procedures are applied and adhered to and represent the Council as required.
- We are seeking an experienced Planning Officer / Senior Planning Officer who can demonstrate effective case work management skills to expediently assess and determine a caseload of minor and householder planning applications to assist with a backlog of cases within the Service.
- Knowledge of current planning policy/legislation, excellent communication and organisational skills, a track record of managing a varied planning caseload, and a full, clean driving licence and access to a motor vehicle are all essential.
- Council Based would be highly beneficial
- 3 Months + Contract
- £16.71 per hour
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email