- Prepare and distribute reports /recommendations / responses / results / other information / documentation as required
- Respond to and investigate enquiries / complaints
- Represent specialist area internally and / or externally to put Council view and respond to enquiries. Liaise with other organisations / stakeholders to share information.
- Support the preparation of tenders and contracts.
- Support the award and monitoring of grants by the council.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of bids for short and long term funding.
- Ensure all financial transactions are processed and reconciled correctly.
- Recognised planning qualification (degree level) and eligible for membership of Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI) Or Recognised conservation qualification (degree level) and eligible for Membership of Institute of Historic Building Conservation (IHBC) or an equivalent and recognised organisation.
- Knowledge of planning practice, procedures legislation, advice and policies or historic building and conservation practice, procedures legislation, advice and policies
- Negotiation skills- the ability to undertake negotiations with developers to secure the best development possible along with contributions to community infrastructure
- Diplomacy and tact - the ability to relate to a wide range of people - Members, applicants, agents and neighbours - explaining complex policies and objectives in a manner understood by all sections of the community.
- Communication and Interpersonal skills - the ability to write professional letters and reports that are concise & robustly argued. The ability to present persuasive arguments orally at meetings and informal hearings.
- Long Term Temp Contract
- Full Time Role
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email email@example.com