Planning Enforcement Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Liverpool
- Assist and direct the statutory powers of enforcement and planning control, including the investigating of complaints, the monitoring of development and liaison with other Regulatory bodies.
- The investigation of complaints, the accurate recording of facts and the preparation of reports concerning alleged breaches of planning control received from councillors, council officers, interest groups and members of the public.
- To assist the Planning Enforcement Manager in providing advice and guidance to Development Management as required
- Advising complainant and persons responsible for breach of control of actions to be pursued/necessary in relation to any unauthorised development.
- The collection of evidence, the preparation of statements and the presentation of the Council's case in respect of prosecutions in the Magistrates or Crown Court.
- Giving expert advice on the enforcement of planning control, including whether there has been a breach of control, the appropriate remedial action and the most expedient action in the event of non compliance with legal notices etc.
- A degree/diploma or equivalent relevant experience in Town Planning or current attendance in a course leading to a degree/diploma in Town Planning.
- Evidence of allied skills (e.g. urban design, DC policy work, local planning, collection and preparation of evidence to be used in Court)
- A background in Town & Country Planning or work in an area requiring the interpretation and implementation of legislation*
- Considerable knowledge of the planning process and/or experience of enforcement of planning control.*
- Significant experience of dealing directly in person with members of the public*
- Experience of writing / preparing appeal statements*
- Experience of obtaining, preparing and giving evidence in criminal court proceedings.
- Working knowledge of PACE, RIPA, CPI Acts and Human Rights legislation
- Use of evaluation and monitoring systems
- £15.71 per hour (Paid via Umbrella Company- Rate uplifted to cover charges)
- Based in Liverpool
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email