Planning Enforcement Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Bournemouth
- To ensure approved development accords with the planning permission and conditions are implemented to ensure a harmonious relationship between the build or activity and the wider urban or rural environment in accordance with the National Planning Policy framework.
- To investigate, negotiate and enforce, commence legal proceedings where necessary, when breaches of planning control, advertisement, listed building, and TPO infringements are identified.
- Provide Councillors, applicants and the general public with an efficient, effective and accessible and professional planning service for which the post holder is responsible.
- Must have a proven background in planning and planning enforcement matters;
- Must be available to attend sites as necessary to perform the role
- Minimum of 5 GCSE Grades C or above, including Mathematics, English, or equivalent
- 3x 'A' levels, degree or equivalent experience
- Diploma or equivalent in Planning or a related discipline
- Ability to interpret plans and write clear simple reports.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and challenging workloads
- Communication and negotiation skills
- A logical thinker.
- Ability to recognise sensitive issues in advance.
- Interpersonal skills
- Temp Contract 4 Months
- £20 per hour (Paid via Umbrella Company)
- Council Based Role
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email