Planning Enforcement Officer Required for a fantastic contract based in Wakefield
Local Authority Work
- To assist in the consultation, determination and processing of a range of planning, heritage enforcement related cases, to ensure that issues are recorded and dealt with according to agreed targets and timescales and in accordance with the service plan.
- To assist in the investigation of complaints and breeches of planning control.
- Case work includes analysis of submitted evidence, interpretation of plans and supporting information, negotiating with consultees, applicants and their agents, answering queries from members of the public and elected representatives.
- To prepare reports/evidence for appeals. To liaise with the conservation Officers, planning teams, legal services/representatives and to assist in ensuring that planning policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To respond to enquiries from external organisations and Council Members in respect of case work and related Development Management matters.
- Ensure that the Council's employee codes of conduct and procedures are adhered to.
- Carry out other such duties (within competence and experience) as requested in accordance with changing organisational objectives.
- Degree or Diploma in Town and
- Country Planning / or related
- Proven case work experience supported by the ability to demonstrate applied planning experience or in
- Enforcement or other related areas.
- Current valid driving licence and the use of a vehicle during
- normal office hours.
- Locum Contract
- £15 per hour Umbrella
If interested please Jack 01772 428186 or email