Cheshire East Council
Akton has a very exciting new opportunity for an experienced planning & building control application Administrator to join the team of Cheshire East Council.
Job Role: planning & building control application Administrator
To process all planning and building control applications and associated administration in a timely, efficient, and effective manner complying with the practices and procedures laid down for applications, and ensure the Service meets the Council's targets for administration, screening/validation and registration of both planning and building control applications.
- Ensure that documentation fee and information submitted with any planning, building control application or Tree Preservation Order meets statutory and Local Authority requirements/checklists. Communicating any outstanding requirements to applicants by telephone, e-mail or in writing using clear and concise terms within a timely manner.
- Undertake, within strict timescales, all required administrative processes with regard to the consultation, publication and decision production and decision despatch for applications in line with statutory requirements and in order to achieve local authority and Government targets.
- Promptly act upon receipt of appeals against planning decisions to include informing and liaising with Development Management staff, dealing with all administrative paperwork including the generation and distribution of consultee and neighbour notifications and the placing of press advertisements where necessary.
- Liaise, where appropriate, with Development Management staff to identify additional requirements and submissions, in line with national and local policy. Initiating discussion on such applications with the manager or appropriate officer.
- Undertake administrative tasks associated with planning decisions conditions compliance. To record and action any enquiries relating to the production of Decision notices, receipting monies received in relation to Decision notices for the Development Management service (including Heritage & Design, Planning and Building Control requests).
- Identify constraints, consultations, and publicity requirements for planning applications.
- Allocate the appropriate development code for Planning Applications to ensure the Authority's reporting to Government is concise and correct. 8. Effectively utilise the Authority's computerised systems, in particular SWIFT and the document imaging system to capture information so that information is annotated and accessible to other staff and members of the public at the earliest opportunity. To scan and index documentation as necessary assisting in the efficient processing of both Development Management and Building Control information relating to internal and external sources of communication received.
3 Month Contract
37 per week