The Main duties of the post are as follows
- To deal with a range of planning applications including shopfront, householder, crossover, advert and lawful development applications, beginning with adverts, simple householder extensions and Lawful Development Certificates for proposed development, plus minor changes of use and conversions, listed building consent accompanying planning applications, and cases within conservation areas
- To deal with a range of development control issues, undertaking negotiations with applicants/prospective developers and representatives of other parts of the Council, as required.
- To write reports for committees and other reports and papers, as required.
- To draft statements of evidence for written representation planning appeals.
- To undertake appropriate public participation exercises on planning applications and development projects and to analyse the results thereof.
- To provide advice to applicants and the public on planning applications and development proposals under the supervision of a more senior officer.
- To provide advice, as required, on all aspects of the planning process on the telephone, in writing, by email and face to face with visiting customers.
- To attend public meetings and site visits and represent the Council appropriately.
- To maintain a current knowledge of relevant law, policies, working practices and procedures.
- To plan, programme and prioritise own work in order to meet deadlines, targets and timetables.
- To work flexibly in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participate as required in multi-disciplinary and cross-organisational groups and task teams.
- To take responsibility, relevant to the post, for ensuring that Council statutes and government legislation is upheld. This includes, amongst others; Management Compliance Charter, Environmental Policy, Data Protection Act, Race Equality Action Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Health & Safety, Sustainable Construction and Recycling.
- To take responsibility, appropriate to the post for tackling racism and promoting good race, ethnic and community relations.
- An RTPI-recognised degree level qualification in Town Planning or equivalent
- Experience of relevant development control work or related planning work is required
- Experience of providing planning advice to developers and/or the public
- Experience of processing the full range of minor and other applications
- Locum Contract
- £20per hour
If interested in this post please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org