Isle of Anglesey Council
Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a personal Assistant Chief Executive Officer to join the Isle of Anglesey Council.
Purpose Of role:
Works closely with the Chief Executive and Deputy Chief Executive to provide dedicated support services to ensure that they can work effectively and efficiently. 1. Provide comprehensive and responsive administration and coordination of papers, people, and information to support the Chief Executive's office. 2. Act as the first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation
Principal Accountabilities / Key Tasks:
- Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive's office:
- Dealing with all incoming calls, emails, and post
- Manage and arrange electronic diary, arrange meetings, meeting rooms
and refreshments (if required)
- Prepare papers for meetings - hard copies and electronic - collating and
formatting reports, as necessary.
- Undertake all clerical/typing duties - sensitive/confidential - tight deadlines
- Undertake research e.g., internally to the organisation and externally.
- Collating statistical information and data.
- Providing excellent customer care to callers/visitors at all levels of seniority for
the Chief Executive's Office, to include screening phone calls, enquiries and
requests, and handling them when appropriate.
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing
both electronic and paper form.
- Communicate with staff within the Council and external agencies at all levels of
seniority on behalf of the Chief Executive's office, ensuring good relationships
by dealing with people courteously, sensitively, and professionally.
- Deal with confidential and sensitive matters on a regular basis, responding to
members of the public who may be angry, upset and challenging and complying
at all times with the requirements of the Council's Data Protection Policies.
- Support the administration of the electronic diary of both Chief Executive and
Deputy, arrange appointments on their behalf: responding to demands and
prioritising requests. This to include attendance at Out of County
meetings/events from time to time, arranging travel, visas, and accommodation
and, occasionally, travelling to take notes at meetings or to provide general
assistance during presentations.
- Arrange, co-ordinate and administer items and meetings relating to internal and
external meetings / committees on behalf of the Chief Executive's Office and
the senior management teams.
3 Month Contract