PA required for a fantastic contract based in Huddersfield
- Assist the Chief Executive to plan and organise their schedules of work and activities and keep them informed of deadlines, meetings etc.
- Organise and maintain the engagement diary and arrange appointments and meetings for the Chief Executive with: Officers of the Council, Elected Councillors of the Council and other politicians, Chief Executives and senior managers from other Local Authorities, Partners, such as colleagues in Health, Police, Education and the voluntary sector, Local, Regional, National and International Agencies
- To inform interested parties of the Leadership's engagements and appointments.
- Be constantly aware of the commitments of the Chief Executive and anticipate briefing and operational requirements.
- Assume responsibility for welcoming people with appointments to see the Chief Executive, both in a physical office and virtual environment.
- Examine and interpret the Chief Executive's incoming mail. Using own initiative, decide whether to draft a response, distribute elsewhere to be dealt with or bring to the attention of the Chief Executive or another Senior Manager.
- Prepare draft letters and correspondence on behalf of the Chief Executive.
- Undertake routine research work on behalf of the Chief Executive as required and aid the Executive Support and Programme Manager.
- Experience of working within a busy office environment with decision-making responsibility for prioritising in-coming work
- Practical experience in diary management, word processing and clerical and office administration work
- Experience of dealing with people at all levels within an organisation
- RSA Level lll word processing qualification or demonstrate ability to similar standard.
- An understanding of the associated roles and relationships of Elected Councillors and Senior Managers of the Council
- 3 Months + Contract
- £14.38 per hour (Paid Via Umbrella - Rate Uplifted to cover charges)
- Full Time Hours
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email