- To provide a comprehensive, efficient, personal and confidential secretarial support ensuring the confidentiality of all matters dealt with. This will include dealing with highly confidential information.
- To use appropriate information technology and software packages, ensuring excellent standards of work and presentation.
- To be responsible for maintaining an effective recording and monitoring system for all correspondence, including the allocation of appropriate correspondence to relevant managers.
- To ensure the efficient dispatch of outgoing correspondence.
- To be aware of issues that require the attention of the senior manager and to ensure these are prioritised.
- If appropriate, or in the absence of the senior manager, to refer matters to the director or the Executive Personal Assistant for the department.
- To arrange and schedule meetings, conferences, both internally and externally, including the booking venues, equipment, refreshments, preparation of agenda and organisation of travel requirements.