To provide a professional and confidential Personal Assistant/Secretarial Support Service to the Assistant Director, working in liaison with other support staff within and across Departments building effective working relationships with peer group where appropriate across the Council.
- To prepare and type confidential correspondence, documents, reports, letters, minutes of meetings etc., draft and initiate correspondence as required.
- To effectively manage the diary of the Assistant Director’s, organising appointments and arranging and administering meetings and interviews as required. .
- To design and maintain the Assistant Directors confidential and recording data/filing system and office systems including email. Proposing and implementing any areas for improvement
- Make any necessary travel and booking arrangements, including organising hotel accommodation, rail tickets, lunches, etc.
- As a primary point of contact for the Department, prioritise or action telephone enquiries, letters and emails, or redirect to relevant areas within the function or other departments of the Authority.
- Take minute of meetings as required by the Assistant Director.
- Design and maintain systems for tracking action is taken in relation to complaints, correspondence, minute of meetings, requests for information, service wide returns including collation of statistical information and any other issues as directed by the Assistant Director.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of reports for Committee, Corporate Management Team and other meetings as required by the Assistant Director.
- Arrange refreshments for the Assistant Director, visitors and guests.
- To research information and undertake special projects and tasks for the Assistant Director, as required.
- To make wide ranging contacts on behalf of the Assistant Director both internal and external to the Council.
- To network and build effective working relationships with peer group across the Council.