Parking Development Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Birxton
The Parking & Enforcement Service Development Officer will develop the Parking and Enforcement business through the management and delivery of service development projects and initiatives as part of the overall reorganisation and continuous improvement plans. They will contribute to the preparation of the service's strategic plan and support the implementation of new departmental and service priorities and initiatives ensuring that the departments are effectively and professionally represented and derive maximum benefits through their successful implementation.
The post holder will build customer relationships and attract new business by leading on direct reviews across the Enforcement portfolio, developing new and innovative ways of service delivery, pursuing new service developments in conjunction with peer groups, the private sector and voluntary organisations and identify and promote best practice in service delivery to achieve and maximise business revenue targets.
- To be responsible for progress planning, monitoring and reporting of service development projects, and implementing good practice project change control, required configuration management and quality management (in accordance with the programme governance standards).
- To lead, plan and monitor service development projects including the preparation of project briefs, writing specifications, obtaining quotes and tenders, monitoring project progress and collecting key data, updating of project stage plans, and the development of contingency plans. Manage the production of the required deliverables to achieve the project objectives.
- To take responsible for the day-to-day identification and resolution (or escalation) of project issues and management of risks, supporting the management of project interdependencies.
- To manage the project budget and ensure that the budget monitoring and planning information is prepared in a timely and accurate manner and that budgets are contained within cash limits. The post holder will be responsible for managing the budgets for individual projects which could be over £1m for some of the larger projects.
- To represent the service at all levels within and external to the Council and to develop excellent professional relationships with service users based on the principals of partnership, co-operation and customer care. Proactively liaise with key stakeholders, offering advice, assistance and support on complex matters.
- To co-ordinate and manage the implementation of new departmental service development initiatives, projects and corporate priorities across the Enforcement portfolio. Working with the senior management team, stakeholders and colleagues to ensure they are reflected in the Service plans and programmes and the service is effectively and professionally represented and derives maximum benefits through their successful implementation.
- To help prepare and implement a service development project plan to monitor the standard of the service across all areas and take action where it fails to meet the requirements.
- To provide advice and support for the senior management team and board members and report to committees and others on service development and the implementation of projects, providing support in the procurement process, including tender and evaluation. Assist in the appointment of contractors in accordance with best value and to meet the specified outcomes.
- To develop and commission surveys, questionnaires and other data gathering exercises that measures performance, customer satisfaction or public opinion on service provision. Produce and co-ordinate plans for the future improvement and development of the service.
- To proactively establish communications with other businesses or authorities which can benefit from our services adopting a hands-on approach in developing and managing market tools to achieve these goals. Follow up new business opportunities by establishing working relationships, communicating new product developments, planning and preparing presentations and providing management and marketing feedback.
- To support the business planning and performance review programmes within the departments and to assist in the review of contracts and audit programmes. Lead on promoting clear and effective communication of the business transformation programme activities to both internal and external audiences, in partnership with the communications team.
- To support the business planning and performance review programmes within the departments' and to assist in the review of contracts and audit programmes.
- To attend and contribute positively at a range of meetings and deputise for the Parking & Enforcement Service Development Manager or Programme manager when required.
- The post holder is expected to undertake other accountabilities within the scope of the post as required.
- To work flexibly in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job and participate as required in multi-disciplinary cross-department and cross organisational groups and task teams.
- Experience of managing and building business relationships with the ability to negotiate effectively with clients and suppliers (internal and external)
- Experience of managing multiple complex projects with the ability to have a strong impact and influence key decisions
- Working knowledge of project planning, budgeting and control
- Local Authority Experience would be highly beneficial
- Locum Contract
- 4 Months + Ongoing
- £29 per hour (Umbrella)
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email