The role of Construction Manager plays a crucial role to ensure the total performance of the Construction team’s role in producing a quality product in a safe environment for the customer and the Construction team, with on time delivery, to budget along with excellent customer service.
This role of a Construction Manager reports to the Director.
Principle accountabilities of the Construction Manager role include:
- Motivate, support and manage Site Managers by providing training, coaching and support as required to improve performance.
- Control preliminary costs in accordance with budget.
- Plan and programme work methods and build sequence on sites of responsibility.
- Regularly visit sites and attend weekly sub-contract meetings with Site Manager and Housing Association representatives ensuring that all necessary resources and information are made available to achieve programme dates or any target dates that may be set from time to time.
- Inspect quality of work during the construction process and give advice and support to Site Managers as required.
- Inspect record books on site relating to health and safety, NHBC, Customer Plot Files, Building Control records, plant and machinery records and scaffold records.
- Ensure that costs are controlled efficiently and that all resources are being used effectively.
- Keep up to date with customer care issues on sites to enable discussion with a view getting any issues resolved in a timely manner.
- Experience of working as a Senior Site Manager, Construction/Contracts Manager within the high volume house builder.
- Experience of health and safety obligations, building legislation and NHBC standards.
- Relevant CSCS card
- SMSTS certificate
- Construction Management Level 4+ apprenticeship is desirable
- Full UK driving licence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of people
- Ability to liaise with internal and external personnel
- Able to plan and programme work methods and build sequence for sites
- Control preliminary costs in accordance with budget
- Good administration skills
- Able to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on own initiative, with excellent attention to detail
- Proficient IT skills along with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and outlook)
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Willing to be flexible in respect to day to day duties and hours worked
- Daily travel to development sites..
- Competitive salary