Location: Newport, South-Wales
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 PA
Shifts: Friday, Saturday & Sunday (6pm-6am)
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
I'm currently looking for a Shift Supervisor for a leading Plastics Reprocessing and Waste Management Company located at their Newport site.Job Description:
- Supervise staff.
- Ensure quality and quantity of all production is continually improved.
- Ensure safe working procedures are followed and PPE is worn by all staff.
- Ensuring FLT drivers are following procedures for bag filling, sampling and other associated tasks.
- Check bags are properly filled, labelled and sitting straight on pallets when delivered to Goods-Out Warehouse.
- Oversee shipments of finished flake – tagging, bagging and grouping.
- Ensure machines are monitored, cleaned and calibrated
- Keep plant and swept and tidy.
- Cover FLT drivers and Hot Wash operator as and when necessary.
- Report any maintenance issues to the maintenance engineer.
- Assist with troubleshooting problems where practicable.
- Train new members of the team and ensure continuing competence of all team members
- Deal with disciplinary matters during the shift
- Work with managers, maintenance and front end supervisors to ensure smooth running of plant.
- Assist with other tasks around the plant as required.
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision
- Able to motivate others
- FLT license
- First aid qualification desirable
- Good team player able to work with people from all backgrounds and in all circumstances in a polite and sensitive way.
- Complete Daily Shift report and discuss with incoming shift
- Ensure production records are maintained
- Complete accident reports