Salary: £36,000 PA
Location: Newport, South Wales
Shifts: 12 Hour Days/Nights
I'm currently looking for Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineers for a major food manufacturer located in Newport, South Wales.
Responsible for completing a maintenance schedule, for fault diagnosis, and for problem solving, ensuring plant reliability and safety is kept to a maximum by the use of skill, knowledge and modern maintenance techniques within a highly technical production environment, by so doing maximizing output and quality of the product.
- Maintain and improve all factory services, machinery and electrical equipment with due regard to safety and engineering guidelines, through the use of computerised Planned Maintenance Systems and Predictive Maintenance Techniques such as vibration analysis and thermal imaging.
- Monitor the condition of production machinery taking the appropriate action when necessary to improve the availability and working life of the equipment.
- Record details of engineering maintenance on the front-line maintenance system and monitor the use of materials and spare parts, taking appropriate action when necessary to re-stock ensuring future availability.
- Identify engineering material requirements and authorise engineering materials from stock.
- Follow stock requisition and purchasing procedures.
- Carry out physical stock taking at pre-determined periods.
- Have the skill and competency to carry out a broad range of tasks (including but not exclusive):
- General Installation - Conduit, Cable Tray, Trunking.
- Single Phase (240v ac) - Power Distribution and Lighting circuits.
- Three Phase (415v) - Power Distribution, Motor Control and Testing, Control Gear/ Switchgear, Power Correction Equipment.
- Control Systems (various voltages) - Programmable Logic Controllers (Mitsubishi), Temperature Controllers, Sensors / Transducers, Transformers, Timers, Safety Systems.
- Testing - General Electrical Testing, Portable Appliance Testing. Understand the requirements and complete all statutory electrical tests in compliance with the Electricity at work regulations 1989, keep up to date with legislative changes.
- Have a full working knowledge of all plant processes and safety requirements, providing safe systems of work.
- Work within the quality systems specified by the BRC Global Food Standard. Carrying out engineering/electrical activities as detailed in written work instructions, ensuring tasks are carried out according to the agreed safety, quality and hygiene standards.
- Supervise Contractor’s work to ensure compliance with the Contractors Hygiene, Health & Safety Rules. Ensure any new contractors have been issued with a copy of these rules prior to starting work.
- Comply with and promote company Health and Safety policies, procedures, SOPs, work instructions, notices and Permits to Work.
- 3 – 4 years’ experience of working within a similar environment.
- Working knowledge of good engineering practices
- Good general process and product knowledge
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) - Working Safely.
- NVQ level 3 in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (or equivalent City & Guilds or HNC) or equivalent
- Intermediate computer skills.
- An understanding of three phase electrics together with a sound knowledge of PLC control systems and broad mechanical experience.