specialises in the supply and installation of high quality geotechnical and structural instrumentation to monitor movement in foundations and construction for civil engineering works, mining projects and the railway infrastructure throughout the United Kingdom and worldwide. Our client has access to and can system integrate a large range of standard instruments for monitoring earth, rock and concrete structures including dams, tunnels, embankments, retaining walls, piles and steel work.
In addition to the standard range of instrumentation, we can supply specially engineered packages to meet specific requirements.
We also manufacture data acquisition systems associated with geotechnical instrumentation and offer packages to meet project requirements.
Overall Job Scope
To organise, undertake and deliver site-based engineering surveys and manual monitoring activities with respect to project briefings. Processing and checking surveys whilst rigorously adhering to and ensuring that the prevailing standards and rules of the working environment are followed.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Attending site and team meetings to ensure there is a good understanding of the required works, timelines and standard of work.
- Carryout precise movement monitoring surveys.
- Precise traversing for tertiary survey control.
- Precise levelling for benchmark control.
- Railway track surveys.
- Survey and preparation of DTMs and contour plans.
- Preparation of survey plans and section drawings using AutoCAD or similar.
- As-built surveys.
- Preparing MS Word based template reports.
- Preparing MS Excel based template reports.
- Ensure highest standards of health, safety, environment and quality are adhered to at all times.
- Liaise with personnel and clients as required on site to pro-actively report on project progress.