About the Service-
The Workforce Development Service is responsible for ensuring that members of the children's workforce have the right training, qualifications and on-going professional development to provide the high quality services. The Workforce Development Service is made up of the following teams: learning and development (L&D) team, Way2Work apprenticeships (W2W) team, organisational development (OD) team and HR support functions. Our Workforce development service operates across both of our operational areas (Richmond and Kingston and Windsor and Maidenhead local authorities). The Service works collaboratively to ensure our workforce are fully supported to ensure the best possible outcomes for children, young people and families.
About the Role-
The MIS and Data Officer will coordinate our reporting processes for the service. The post will collaborate with the L&D, OD, HR and W2W, contributing to the long term goal of ensuring we have data led decision making across all teams. The post holder will;
- recognise the importance and value of understanding the data being analysed, validate the information provided and reconcile the data sets
- carry out data quality checks, maintaining data quality ● work with different data sources specifying processing requirements and proposing solutions for correcting data issues
- balance the technical and analytical demands of the role with the need for strong engagement with colleagues in the team and other services
- introduce new data processes to ensure the service is compliant with statutory regulations
- Be flexible with a thirst for knowledge and an appetite for continuous development
The successful candidate will be someone who is able to pull key insights from data which will support us design actionable recommendations. They must be comfortable working independently, and have enough experience to start to build this function for the Workforce Development Service.
- Ideally be educated to degree level in a numerate subject, and with strong A-levels in mathematical/ scientific based subjects
- Proven evidence of continuing professional development in a relevant field
Skills and Experience-
- Strong data management experience, including good practice of data governance and quality management
- Excellent knowledge of building functioning reports in Excel or Google Sheets
- Advanced knowledge and experience of SQL, Excel, Google Sheets,
- Experience of statutory data returns desirable (for example DfE, ESFA or GLA)
- Excellent analytical skills to monitor and report on activity and an ability to translate data analysis into targeted information which can be converted into actionable improvements
- Great communication skills and the ability to work with and present to senior members of the organisation
- Experience of challenging and questioning data
- Experience of forming and sustaining strong and effective working relationships with colleagues
- Experience of organising and managing own workload with some supervision
- Strong skills in applying solution focused approaches to work situations
- Knowledge and experience of embracing equality, diversity and championing inclusion
- Desire to understand and interpret data
- A passion for Achieving for Children's vision, mission and values (trust, empower and respect) to support children and young people to live safe, happy, healthy and successful lives.
- Strong organisational abilities including: time management, creative-thinking, problem-solving and multitasking
- Able to work flexibly and independently with limited management oversight to achieve deadlines
- Performs well under pressure, a keen eye for detail when faced with tight deadlines
- Personal determination, drive, energy and ambition to overcome obstacles, achieve challenging objectives, celebrate success and deliver excellent outcomes for children. Taking a strength based approach to managing situations.
- Commitment to resource-sharing and collaborative working within Achieving for Children and across organisational boundaries in the best interests of children and families.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that are open, honest, persuasive and pragmatic, including excellent negotiation and influencing skills.