Microsoft Cloud / DevOps Engineer required for a fantastic contract based in Bristol
- Based within the ICT service's Design and Transition team, the role provides Microsoft cloud engineering skills and experience in support of a wider Agile Development team delivering solutions using Dynamics 365, Microsoft 365 and Azure PaaS services.
- Working as part of an Agile Development team to deliver technical solutions within the council's Digital Platform, including but not limited to: Configuring, deploying and securing Azure PaaS services such as Web Apps, Logic Apps, Functions, Service Bus (following development by Software Engineers)
- Implementing monitoring and alerting for production Azure PaaS services
- Configuring and securing Azure AD B2C services
- Troubleshooting and issue resolution for Azure PaaS services
- Configuration and support of identity and security layer for Microsoft 365 components (e.g. Azure AD features such as conditional access, app registrations, B2B sharing)
- Automating IT operational processes linked to Microsoft 365 using Power Platform components (e.g. Power Automate, Power BI)
- Communicating effectively with Software Engineers and other key members of project teams.
- Transitioning technical solutions into production through effective documentation and handover to operational service teams
- Use of REST and SOAP web services
- Use of JSON and XML
- Service deployment and configuration (NOT development), ARM templates
- Experience of key PaaS services - Web Apps, Logic Apps, Functions, Service Bus
- Azure hybrid PaaS scenarios (Data Gateway, Hybrid Connection Manager)
- Azure AD and hybrid identity, Azure AD Connect and ADFS
- Azure AD B2B and B2C configuration, Conditional Access
- Monitoring, Cost Management
- Security, RBAC
- Demonstrable experience identifying and managing technology-based risks, issues and interdependencies.
- Good working knowledge of complex system architectures.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects concurrently, each of which have significant interdependencies.
- Demonstrable expertise in manging projects to time, quality and budget.
- You must have experience of configuring, deploying and securing Azure PaaS services and core Microsoft 365 identity and security capabilities
- Council Based Experience would be highly beneficial
- Locum Contract
- 3 Months+
- £250 per day Inside IR35 Paid via Umbrella
- Council Based
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email