Location: Doncaster, East Riding of Yorkshire
Salary: £24,000-28,000 PA
Shifts: 3 Shift Pattern (Mornings, Afternoons and Nights)
I'm currently looking for a Mechanical Fitter for a family owned farming business specialising in the growing of root vegetables for leading supermarkets.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- To install, service and repair agricultural/food machinery and equipment and vehicles. You could work on mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and computerised systems to guard against production delays or shut-down of systems/vehicles.
- Preventative (planned) maintenance, and emergency maintenance is required.
- Making scheduled checks on machinery and parts.
- Finding and fixing faults, and re-calibrating instruments.
- Oiling and cleaning machinery and parts.
- Carrying out scheduled overhaul and replacing parts that have reached the end of their working life.
- Responding immediately to machinery breakdowns.
- Fixing faults on site/in the field or arranging for replacement equipment to be installed.
- You would usually work as part of a team with labourers, farm staff and shift supervisors.
- This is an active role based on a busy multi-sited business.
- There will, at times, be the necessity to work at height, do hot work, in accordance with site safety rules.
- Learn the operation of all equipment associated with the site.
- Identify areas for reducing waste, i.e.; product, time, etc.
- Attend training courses and pass on information to others.
- Adhere to company food hygiene standards, at all times.
- Implement and maintain company health & safety procedures and policies.
- Promote good working relationships as an integral part of the team and carry out any additional tasks as required.