Akton Recruitment are on the lookout for a Mechanical Design Engineer for machines within power generation. The team at company in question are at the cutting edge of propulsion and power generation technology for electric and hybrid aircraft, working with all the world’s major aircraft and helicopter manufacturers.
They are looking for driven, capable and highly motivated graduate and post graduate Design engineers to join the business. Working as part of an integrated team incorporating subject matter experts from both the clients group and their customers research departments you will have the opportunity to learn from the world’s best engineers across a broad range of disciplines.
The Key to the role is Machine Element/Gears/Shafts/Housings/bearings
- Proficient with KISSsoft design software
- Provide calculation/design support for machine/dynamic elements.
- Shaft calculations to DIN 743.
- Bearing calculations according ISO 281.
- Calculate gears/splines according DIN/ISO.
- FEA results for mechanical housing.
- Vibration analysis/calculations.