£48,000 to £50,000 plus excellent pension scheme
An experienced Mechanical Design Manager is required for a growing consultancy in Nottingham to lead a high quality, mechanical design service and project management provision. This is a great time to join the growing business where you will work alongside multi-disciplined, ambitious and highly skilled professionals and have the opportunity to make a significant impact and contribution to the group.
We can offer you:
- A salary up to £50,000 (depending on experience) plus Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave, in addition to 8 days’ statutory bank holiday entitlement
- Flexible working policies to support your work/life balance
- A friendly and welcoming working environment in contemporary new offices
- Lead and deliver the mechanical design service demonstrating technical competence and proficiency in contract administration, AutoCAD, REVIT, NBS specification writing, and emerging technologies and processes including Building Information Modelling (BIM).
- Prepare designs for mechanical services installations (including but not limited to Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Hot and cold services) from initial brief to final account for all types of projects.
- Ensure that your mechanical design team have, and maintain, the appropriate skills and knowledge in line with current design and directional delivery standards
- Provide effective resourcing of workloads and projects ensuring effective risk management at team and project level
- Liaise closely with finance on monthly and quarterly financial reporting, with financial functional support
Our ideal candidate must have:
- Experience of managing and delivering a successful mechanical design function within a multi-disciplinary construction design business, including responsibilities for CDM and all Health and Safety issues.
- Knowledge of current and emerging construction, property management and maintenance issues, legislative requirements, British Standards, Codes of Practice and statutory responsibilities, particularly relating to the public sector
- An understanding of BIM, its application and benefits to the building design, operation and maintenance lifecycle process (Minimum AutoCAD/REVIT proficient)
- High motivation and commitment to improve services and outcomes for customers and clients
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead, inspire and influence project teams
- Degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline with Chartered Membership of the relevant discipline desirable