Are you an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer who wants to work on exceptionally varied and diverse projects in a team atmosphere? Our cleints’ projects include large industrial and commercial schemes with contract values over £30 million to smaller schemes and working for interesting clients including motor manufacturers, Schools/Universities, healthcare providers, contractors, developers etc. As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join our significantly experienced and talented Engineering Team. Based at their highly accessible offices with over 30 staff in Birmingham Solihull, you will be responsible for delivering innovative solutions for our client. Role and Responsibilities
- Working as part of a design team delivering detailed design
- Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
- Designing site-specific equipment as required
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
You will have experience with designing projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings, specifications, etc along with an accredited Building Services degree or higher educational qualification (HNC/HND).
It is anticipated the role will require initial and on-going training in areas where knowledge may be limited and you will be fully supported by Ridge in gaining this expertise.
What’s in it for you:
Our client always invests strongly in their greatest asset........their people. We actively challenge and continuously improve our performance by investing in training, creating excellent career development opportunities. For the right proactive individual, we will provide technical training to advance your skills.
And as you will find out from day one in your career with our clients, you will be well rewarded:
- 25 days holiday
- Company allowance
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension: Standard 6% Ridge Contribution
- Highly competitive salary