Salary: £38,000-£40,000 PA
Location: Stockport, Gtr. Manchester
Shifts: Monday-Friday 8am-4.30pm
I'm currently looking for a Manufacturing Manager for a rapidly expanding Manufacturing company in Stockport who specialise in technical and control room furniture.
The Company seeks to recruit an experienced Manufacturing/Workshop Manager capable of growing quickly to a director-level appointment responsible for all manufacturing, technical and on-site activities.
Responsible for: Chargehands, Works Administrator, Contracts Manager, CAD Department
Main purpose of job: Responsible for the efficient management of all manufacturing activities and for meeting all customers’ requirements in full.
• Ensure all factory employees are organised and controlled
• Ensure production plans are sound and are met
• Liaise with Managing Director and respond quickly to problems
• Maintain facilities and ensure good utilisation of resources.
• Maintain and comply with the ISO 9001:2015 Quality System and H&S requirements
• Ensure efficient cost-effective operations and seek improvements
• Administer all furniture and fit-out contracts along with the Contract Manager and ensure that specifications are complete
Applicants should have experience of managing bespoke or small batch production in a company known for its high standards and quality products, the position would suit someone with a shopfitting background with a full knowledge of joinery ranging from reception counters, corian, to full fit-outs.
- As Manufacturing/Workshop Manager you will ensure that all Workshop employees, at all levels, are properly managed, controlled, motivated, remunerated and disciplined. Periodically reviewing performance and training needs.
- You should plan production in an accurate and controlled manner so to achieve fast through-put of contracts and on-time delivery, whilst achieving a high utilisation of labour and other productive resources.
- The role requires you to adjust capacity where feasible in order to ensure a match with planned loads, authorising overtime where necessary. It will be expected that you review the performance and productivity of all Workshop personnel and ensure their compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Initiate corrective actions as appropriate. You should seek to improve and update policies and procedures.
- The ISO 9001:2015 Management Quality System is expected to be maintained and improved with non-conformances raised as appropriate.
- You will carry out periodic checks to ensure adherence to H&S requirements and take outside professional advice as required.
- In regard to the premises, you will be expected to ensure that plant, machinery and transport are maintained and in good condition, replacing or updating as required. Ensure high levels of housekeeping and cleanliness.
- The Workshop Manager will be expected to respond quickly to any issues or complaints that arise. The role requires you to oversee requisitions for stock materials and other purchase requirements, other than on-site contractors, to ensure timely delivery for completion of contracts. Ensure all received goods are correctly stocked.
- The role requires you to keep informed on management practices along with developments in the manufacturing and joinery industry.