Akton Recruitment are on the lookout for a Manufacturing Engineer in the Portsmouth area. We are working with a world class manufacturer of engineered plastic injection mouldings. Their vision is to be recognised as the supplier of choice employing industry leading services from design and prototyping through to tooling, manufacturing and logistics. They provide technical moulding solutions to a wide variety of industries. They aspire to become a leading world class moulding facility and are recruiting to meet this challenge.
Working within a small and busy Engineering team you will be responsible for new product introduction and production improvements.
Being a self-starter and capable of managing your own time to deliver improvement projects within a high-volume injection mould shop and a varied assembly area. You should be able to identify areas of improvement within the business that fit in with their business vision. Scoping potential projects and then delivering the solutions either using best practise techniques or by creating jigs/fixtures utilising their in-house Toolroom, 3D printer or liaising with sub-contractors
You will also be involved with NPI and Sales discussing new products with customers and responsible for implementing them into the business.
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic production engineer help transform their business into a world class production facility.
A can-do self-starting attitude.
Able to self manage your time effectively.
Experience in high volume manufacture and best practise techniques
Nice to have:
Experience in Plastic injection moulding.
Experience with Ultrasonic welders.
Experience with Pad printing
- Head of Development
- Leading, supporting and assisting then implementing methods of working to optimise output of existing products in the manufacturing area.
- Working with Sales and Engineering during the development of new products in the business.
- To improve and standardize the manufacturing processes which will ensure the company works effectively, and to best practise, leading to a world class manufacturing facility.
- Delivering production solutions for new projects on time within costed budgets
- Supporting and leading continuous improvement within the production facility.
- Validation of secondary operations, jigs and fixtures by reviewing cycle times against estimates
- Project management of jigs and fixtures for production of customer parts
- Produce process instructions and visual aids, develop and produce setting instructions for second operation assembly machines and the mould shop.
- Assess suitability of production equipment for intended use
- Effective support to development team
- Support the development of new and improved methods of working to optimise output of manufacturing area
- Production of weekly/monthly reports monitoring progress against agreed project programmes
- Delivering production solutions and new projects on time within costed budgets
- Recording and monitoring the project costs including, agreeing variations in scope of services required to meet time-plan
- Ensuring that the project is managed in a professional manner and is undertaken in compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Assisting the designated Account Representative in the onsite and site-based assessment of new projects
- Providing technical engineering assistance to the development team and other business disciplines as demanded during the project inception and development.
- Documentation of production processes.
- Engineering Masters
- Process instructions
- Setting Instructions
- Validation of process and cycle times compared to estimates
- Ensure that all activities take place with reference to Health and Safety at Work Act and the Company’s method statements