Role – Senior Estimator
Job Type – Permanent
Benefits – Excellent Benefits
MUST HAVE 4 YEARS STRUCTURAL STEEL EXPERIENCE
Are you a highly skilled and experienced Estimator, with main contractor experience, looking to join a Senior Team?
Atlas Employment are delighted to be working with a new client, who are currently recruiting a Senior Estimator for the Head Office in Rossendale. The new member would join an already established team Estimators. The primary purpose of this role is to produce competitive and innovative tenders and proposing the right costs to the highest quality and accuracy. The successful candidate will be working projects from £500,000 to £6 million.
What will you be doing as a Senior Estimator?
- Accurate interpretation of drawings and technical specifications
- Undertaking Take-Offs
- Pricing a diverse range of trades from first principles
- Sub-contract tender analysis
- Attending pre-tender interviews and post tender presentations
- Developing Client and Consultant relations
- Reviewing the status of tenders and department workload with the Chief Estimator
- Mentoring and developing junior members of the team
- BSc/HNC in Building studies or similar
- Chartership to MCIOB or RICS would be supported
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience within an Estimating role
- 4 years Structural Steel is a MUST applicant without this will not be moved forward.
- A proven background in successfully delivering a wide range of tenders
- Experience of various construction methods
- The ability to communicate confidently with external and internal teams
- The ability to present plans clearly and accurately
- Experience of value engineering and finding practical solutions to overcome barriers
- Literate in Microsoft Excel and Word