Lincolnshire County Council
Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Management Support Officer to join the team at the Lincolnshire County Council.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
As part of the wider Business Support family to provide comprehensive and confidential administrative support to Senior Managers in an efficient and effective way, ensuring best use of resources and contributing to the development of the Council's shared values, visions, and policy objectives. Contribute to the delivery of services for area of responsibility. Assist, as appropriate, with providing an integrated approach to performance management, quality standards and service delivery. Embedding new ways of thinking and working and developing and maintaining strong, positive working relationships across service areas, with providers and partners. Take personal responsibility to provide advice and guidance and/or work within own area of responsibility as appropriate. Continuously look for synergies and efficiency savings across area of responsibility.
- Manage a professional secretarial and administrative service to the Senior Management Team (Officers).
- Manage the Senior Manager(s) e-mails and diary, ensuring the most efficient use of time and resources; organising deputies to attend meetings where necessary.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints using judgement, tact, and diplomacy, working to tight deadlines with attention to detail.
- Deal with queries and requests from Officers and elected members exercising appropriate judgement, tact and diplomacy when deciding on how to handle the communication.
- Use creativity and innovation to deal with issues that arise in the Senior Manager(s) absence and proactively create new procedures to ensure that office continues to run effectively and efficiently.
- Provide a general research function to the Senior Manager(s) and collate information in order to meet deadlines. Undertake project and consultation exercises as required, ensuring prompt accurate responses, analysing returns, preparing summaries, manipulating data and detail and presentation of documentation in the most suitable format.
- Manage travel and accommodation arrangements as required.
- Provide minute taking support including the preparation of papers, note taking including the accurate recording of information and actions. Follow up actions where necessary and ensure that information is disseminated as appropriate.
- Assist with arrangements for official visits by Government Ministers and senior officials as well as those for seminars, conferences, and other events.
- Contribute to effective liaison across Directorates; maintain good working relationships across the Council and with outside partners and customers.
3 Month contract
£10.90 ph (Umbrella Rate)
Must be an experienced PA/Secretary and able to work well remotely although may have to come into an office as required, following Covid restrictions