Coventry with travel required
c30,000-£32,000 + Benefits
My client is a leading provider in luxury student accommodation. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Manager to join the team. The head office is located in Coventry City Centre however the successful candidate must be willing to travel to the accommodation centres in Sheffield, Nottingham, Loughborough, Cambridge and Bristol on a weekly basis.
- Responsibility for the on-site building maintenance for all student accommodation centres in the portfolio (currently 12 centres however growing each year)
- To oversee the onsite maintenance team at each centre.
- Liaising with 3rd party labour and suppliers when required.
- Assisting the operations department with technical issues, repairing problems in house wherever possible.
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of internal applications.
- Responsible for the day to day repairs service & completion, to maintain a high quality of service to our guests.
- Responsible for day to day activities and performance of our maintenance team and contractors.
- Implement general maintenance best practices throughout the business.
- To be the primary point of contact for any maintenance issues at your sites and others when required.
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained throughout the organisation, in plant, communal and student rooms.
- Conduct site spot checks on subcontractor projects to ensure full compliance.
- Complete all tasks allocated for the day via the maintenance tracker, ensuring your teams are on top of their daily maintenance works.
- Conducting interviews, reviews and development plans for your team to ‘grow within’.
- Daily reviewing of live maintenance performance tracker and ensure tasks are completed on time.
- You will be expected to travel daily to visit your sites to maintain standards.
- Toolbox talks with site staff teams.
- Meeting with contractors on site and overseeing/spot checking works carried out/completed.
- Carrying out reasonable requests asked of you by your line manager.
- To ensure that re active maintenance is completed in a swift manner ensuring our customer are always our number one priority
- To ensure external contractors are certified and co-ordinate their attendance to site
- Strong organisational and clear communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and deal with customer and team requests
- Ability to manage teams of people from remote sites
On offer to the successful Maintenance Manager is the opportunity to work for a leading provider in luxury student accommodation and to take that next step in your career and develop. Salary will be in the range of c32,000 + the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus 7 bank holidays (excluding summer bank holiday due to our busy period)
- Enhanced Christmas Leave – Not taken from annual entitlement
- Bonus Holiday for midweek birthdays
- Employee assistance programme
- Annual Salary Reviews
- Free City Centre Parking
- Free access to on site Gym facilities