£45k - £50k + Overtime + Fantastic Benefits
I am currently looking for a Maintenance Manager for a high-volume production department
Your key responsibility will be to increase productivity whilst maintaining high standards of product quality and housekeeping standards.
By effectively leading and organising assigned labour within the designated area, you will promote a continuous improvement working environment
You will be accountable for the following: -
- Co-ordinate Maintenance Team and cascade the priority ensuring all engineers are working effectively and understand the impact and importance of machine downtime.
- Lead the installation/commissioning and handover of new machinery and equipment with minimum disruption to everyday production capacities.
- Work with operations team to prioritise breakdowns and schedule TPMs
- Advice Management of any adverse situations that could affect customer deliveries ensuring communication is at an optimum level between shifts.
- Organise and communicate workloads for Engineers and Contractors.
- Manage the departmental inventory and monitor the ordering, lead times, control and storage or stocks.
- Lead Workmate system ensuring its use, training, population and outputs are completed.
- To play a leading role in the planning and introduction of changes to improve efficiency and output of the department. Encourage individuals to work as a team focussing on how operations can be improved and cost reductions made.
- Be aware of the statutory requirements of the business and create robust procedures for the identification, completion and/or escalation of all tasks.
- Responsible for implementing a safe working environment, in line with HSE guidelines and Company Policies and Procedures. Ensuring all work is carried out in a safe manner, risks are not taken and all potential risks are reported.
- Communicating with other departments; Production, Tool room, Raw Material Stores, Outwork to organise and prioritise any requirements.
- Introduce and maintain performance targets and measures. Ensuring that data is recorded accurately, performance is communicated to the team daily and action taken to improve any shortfalls between targets and actual performance.
You will have a recognised Apprenticeship, ideally within a Maintenance Engineering subject, with extensive experience in a Managerial / Supervisory capacity
Coming from an Electrical / Mechanical background, you will have the following knowledge / experience: -
- Maintenance / servicing of mechanical power presses
- Inverter drive systems / AC Motors and drives.
- Electrical / Pneumatic installation techniques
- Pneumatics / hydraulics.
- Mechanical drives
- Compressors / air generation plant
- Welding / brazing
- Conveyor systems
If you are interested and would like to apply, then please send through a copy of your most up-to-date CV, together with a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and reference 465430/MMRCLNK27C, to email@example.com