Salary: Circa £30,000 PA
Location: Runcorn, Cheshire
Shifts: Days (Mon-Fri)
We are looking to recruit a Maintenance Engineer (preferred with Electrical background) to join the busy Engineering Department within a well-run, established business.
The successful Engineer will be able to get involved with innovative projects, as well as getting involved in the day to day running of the business
- As the Maintenance Engineer you will assist your colleagues by minimising downtime of the workshop & production machinery, ensuring Health & Safety procedures are always met.
- You will be responsible for maintaining & repairing faults with machinery, both mechanical and electrical as well as fulfilling the repair of workshop hand tools, when required.
- The Maintenance Engineer will also be responsible for liaising directly with established sub-contractor suppliers.
- You will be working in a team of engineers; you will maintain production equipment as well as working on the process and services equipment Having the ability to work well by yourself and as part of a multi-disciplined team of engineers and assisting the operational teams.
- In addition to the above responsibilities the Maintenance Engineer will also be responsible for General Maintenance duties, such as fixtures/fittings & lighting repairs and this will be completed in conjunction with your colleagues.
- A Strong understanding of Preventative Maintenance and Reactive Maintenance.
- A good understanding of Health and Safety.
- Able to work “Hands on” in a heavy Environment.
- The Maintenance Engineer should have experience in Electrical engineering within a manufacturing environment and should be competent mechanically.
- The Maintenance Engineer must be comfortable working in a team as well as alone.
- The Maintenance Engineer must have a good level of communication skills, as the need to communicate at all levels is necessary, both internally and externally.
- The Maintenance Engineer must have a good level of administration skills.