£35k + Overtime + Fantastic Benefits
Permanent – Day Shift (NO NIGHTS)
I am currently looking for a Maintenance Engineer to provide a comprehensive maintenance service throughout the factory, working on a variety of machine applications within an established high volume manufacturing factory.
As a Maintenance Engineer you will undertake customer service engineering activities. Duties will include machine installations, commissioning, servicing and refurbishment.
Being an enthusiastic Engineer, you will have a broad range of skills and experience that ideally would include mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical diagnostics as well as a working knowledge of PLC or microprocessor based control systems.
It is essential you have strong working knowledge and experience within plastic manufacturing techniques and processes, ideally within a high volume production environment and experience with extruders and / or thermoforming machinery
Your key responsibilities / duties will include: -
- To maintain all plant and machinery and install new plant and equipment.
- To carry out planned preventative maintenance as instructed, and identify areas for improvement.
- To diagnose and analytically solve machine related problems.
- To ensure that all work carried out is undertaken using safe working practices, whilst ensuring the safety of persons operating on or around machine.
- To install and repair plant and equipment, ensuring all safety requirements are met and adhered to.
- To work within the Works Engineering team, supporting and assisting colleagues as and when required.
- To gather Works Engineering data on a regular basis.
- To update information onto the Maintenance computer system.
- To undertake training as and when required.
- To work with other departments on projects.
You will have / be: -
- Time-Served / completed Apprenticeship
- Excellent electrical experience essential (preferably qualified to 17th/ 18th Edition)
- Mechanical and pneumatic engineering experience also essential
- Plastic moulding / thermoforming techniques and processes
- PLC diagnostics is essential preferably with Siemens S7.
If you are interested and would like to apply, then please send through a copy of your most up-to-date CV, together with a cover letter detailing your relevant experience, preferred location, salary expectations and reference 41788157/METRPKF272, to firstname.lastname@example.org