Akton Recruitment currently has an exciting opportunity for a Maintainence Surveyor to work within a local authority in the Eastbourne area
Carry out council housing maintenance surveyor duties as set out in JD covering - - Void property works - Responsive Repairs - Aids and adaptations The organisation covers Lewes and Eastbourne areas. This position is likely to predominately be based in Lewes District, starting with covering the Voids mainly.
- To provide maintenance surveying and contract administration service to the Property Services Departments of Homes First.
- For properties you are responsible within allocated area, to ensure the repairing obligations, voids, aids and adaptation (A&A) work for residents are delivered within the terms of its tenancy agreements, leases, management agreements, contracts with supply chain partners and statutory obligations.
- Arrange appointments with customers to survey properties.
- Inspect and diagnose defects in building fabric and associated services.
- Write clear specifications and schedules of work instructions to remedy defects.
- Produce costed schedules of work using schedules of rates or spot price estimating.
- Where appropriate write reports to refer repair work for inclusion in larger major repair programmes.
- Supervise maintenance work for responsive, void property and A&A works in progress.
- Issue variation orders and further instructions as and when required.
- Evaluate, approve or reject claims and invoices received from contractors in accordance with the terms of contracts and the Contract Procedure Rules and Financial Regulations.
- Inspect and sign off completed work and deal with substandard work as per the provisions stipulated within contracts.
- Investigate and respond to customer enquiries in a timely manner in accordance with service standards.
- Investigate poor feedback and complaints received from residents and take immediate action to remedy dissatisfaction or manage the complaint following the organisation’s complaints procedure.
- Respond to enquiries from FOI requests, Councillors, MPs, Ombudsman and other statutory bodies.
- Obtain fee proposals from specialists and consultants by issuing clear written briefs for the services required.
- Instruct and manage specialist contractors and consultants where required to ensure objectives and standards are being delivered.
- Obtain tenders and quotations in accordance with the Contract Procedure Rules.
- Evaluate tenders and quotations, complete tender register and write tender reports with recommendations.