M&E Compliance Manager required for a fantastic based in Enfield
- Provide technical support to the Head of M&E and Compliance and teams across the department, in support of the Council's strategy for mechanical and electrical service delivery within its housing stock
- You will be responsible for ensuring all staff work with the teams delivery framework and in accordance with associated policies to ensure the safety of our contractors, residents and staff and raises the bar for those working across our estate.
- Monitor and manage Compliance across all areas, identifying service failures/ performance issues and putting in place proactive performance management plans.
- Support the compliance delivery officers in managing the accuracy, validity and storage of data and statutory certification.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the early adoption of industry best practice, specifically where this has a direct impact on resident safety and you will contribute in industry-wide expert engagement and consultation whenever possible, ensuring that the council is represented and able to influence change.
- Post inspect M&E installations to ensure compliance with statutory and the Councils requirements and quality standards.
- Implement actions to support carbon reduction within the council's housing compliance teams, ensuring that the work processes, systems and behaviours of council staff and contractors reflect best practice and are regularly reviewed to ensure they remain current and effective.
- Manage a team of technical and non-technical staff who have operational responsibility for the delivery of statutory Compliance, acting as a mentor to enable the team to develop to meet the future needs of the council and our residents.
- Provide robust management in order to build a working environment that is based on trust, mutual respect and integrity where everyone takes accountability and responsibility and works together as a team.
- Develop and maintain sustainable relationships with contractors and partners to enable them to perform to the highest possible standard when working on behalf of the council.
- Implement fit for purpose performance management tools that encourage excellence and ensure that residents always receive the expected levels of service.
- Provide for effective financial management of delegated budgets and support the Head of M&E and Compliance in budget setting and forecasting.
- Support the Head of M&E & Compliance in undertaking Contract Management functions, including financial control.
- Provide performance data as required by senior management to report on performance across compliance areas.
- Liaise with the Asset Strategy team to develop planned programmes for major component/ capital replacement.
- Promote a culture of value for money and look for effective cost savings
- Where appropriate to represent Enfield Council in an official capacity and to ensure this is in professional and courteous manner.
- Participate in the out of hours emergency on-call rota, as required to support service needs.
- Ability to engage, coach and motivate teams and set clear targets and expectations;
- Evidence of high levels of customer service and satisfaction;
- Experience of successfully managing performance and providing clear constructive feedback;
- Experience of successfully implementing plans and projects to time and budget;
- Ability to effectively plan and manage budgets and resources;
- Demonstrates a good understanding of the political structure and role of elected members;
- Ability to work collaboratively both with own service and across other services;
- As a regular and intrinsic part of this role requires you to speak to members of the public in English, the ability to converse at ease, politely and courteously with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential and consistent with the requirements of this role;
- A relevant technical qualification at level 4 or higher or relevant demonstrable experience in a compliance management role within the social housing sector;
- Hold (or have recently held) one or more of the following:
- NICEIC 18th Edition certification;
- CCN1 - Core domestic gas safety certificate
- COCN1 - Core commercial gas safety
- ICPN1 - Commercial pipework installation
- City & Guilds Accredited Risk Assessment For Legionella Control In Water Systems (WH004).
- City & Guilds Web-Conference Legionella Responsible Person Training
- A track record at management level of achieving customer centred outcomes, in an organisation dealing with large scale responsive and cyclical mechanical and electrical programmes;
- Experience of managing and controlling Mechanical and Electrical programmes and delivering successful outcomes from contract administration processes;
- Experience of delivering an intelligence based service and able to demonstrate and evidence the application of organisational learning;
- Experience of building, managing and motivating teams and acting in partnership with others
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email