Akton Recruitment has a vacancy for a Licensing Officer in ST Helens
Purpose of the Post:
To provide an effective and efficient compliance and enforcement service on a day
to day basis in line with the statutory responsibilities of the Licensing Authority.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To work under the direction of the Team Leader to provide a robust
licensing enforcement service in relation to all of the Council's licensing
responsibilities including but not limited to, taxis, alcohol and entertainment,
gambling, scrap metal, collections and regulations made thereafter.
2. To prepare prosecution files and appear in court when necessary to act as
a council witness.
3. To effectively carry out investigative work of complaints, compliance and
enforcement matters documenting methods and notes utilised.
4. To carry out interviews with licensing clients and complainants to
appropriate levels utilising PACE interviewing training when required.
5. To make full use of a range of communication tools when dealing with
licensing clients and complainants ensuring effective communication of
6. To be able to navigate and interrogate a range of IT platforms to provide
information to support investigation.
7. To be able to use a broad range of IT software including the Microsoft
8. To impart advice and guidance following the appropriate legal framework
and policies to service users on all areas of Licensing.
9. To carry out a degree of evening and weekend work relating to licensing
compliance and enforcement matters.
10. To carry out inspections of licensed premises / vehicles as part of the
overall enforcement policy.
Up to £16.12 per hour
10 days ago