To implement the Council's Lettings Scheme for applicants on the housing register. This includes providing information and advice to ensure they have the best opportunity of being re-housed and enables them to access support services where appropriate.
To let the Council's vacant properties ensuring best use is made of the stock available to let.
Provide applicant nominations for Private Registered Providers when requested.
Carry out the administrative duties for the Council's emergency accommodation and support residents in its temporary accommodation.
* To proactively work with applicants on the Council's Housing Register to ensure they have the best possible opportunity of being re-housed. This will include providing comprehensive advice, information and assistance to housing applicants about their application and their housing options.
* To implement the Council's Letting Scheme for individual applicants and ensure their efficient and fair implementation. This will include actively managing the Housing Register by keeping in contact with applicants, verifying circumstances and assessing changes in accordance with policies and procedures and reviewing applications annually. Responsibilities also include acting to ensure the housing register information is maintained to high standards of accuracy and that applicants who no longer qualify have their application reviewed. Verifying documentation, acting to prevent fraudulent applications and contacting other professionals as appropriate will be part of these duties.
* To be the primary contact for applicants who are registered on then waiting list and have queries about their housing choices and possible offers of tenancy. This could be by telephone or face to face interviews and will include dealing with correspondence from customers and from professionals who make enquiries on their behalf.
* To work with and support applicants when they have been shortlisted for a vacancy or have been offered a tenancy. This will include accompanied viewings, providing comprehensive information to applicants about the property and the Council's tenancy services.
* To carry out the administrative duties concerned with letting emergency accommodation to homeless applicants. This will include preparing tenancy agreements and providing general support to applicants who are in temporary accommodation as well as undertaking routine visits to the Council's hostels and ensuring people in temporary accommodation have access to support services and welfare benefits.
Up to £15.00 per day
28 days ago