- The Lead Service Designer develops and delivers innovative user research and person centred design projects to ensure that the services the Council offers are truly aligned to user assets and needs.
- This role will work across a number of projects, building good design practice into how we understand systemic issues such as poverty and how we ensure our offer to parents and children in the borough best meets their needs.
- The Lead Service Designer will be expected to lead on the user research elements of these pieces of work, operating within a multidisciplinary team and collaborating with colleagues from data analysis, strategy and service delivery backgrounds.
- Expert knowledge of service design methodology with proven application within projects
- Experience of leading user and stakeholder research, knowledge of qualitative research methods and development of key insights
- Substantial experience of developing prototypes and new service propositions, including low and high-fidelity prototypes. Covering digital and non-digital services.
- Experience of mapping customer journeys, service propositions, service blueprints and other service design project outputs
- Graphic design skills (for example the use of design software e.g. Invision, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google sketch up)
- Experience of leading pilots that test new products or services within a real-world context
- Expertise in data analysis and visualisation, including data from digital services (e.g. google analytics)
- Understanding of agile project management methodologies
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills, with the ability to write for a variety of contexts and audiences and create engaging high-quality presentations
- Excellent ability to work collaboratively as part of a high performing project team
- Excellent project management, organisation and administrative skills
- Excellent ICT skills, including the ability to full utilise Microsoft Office products, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- Locum Contract
- 4 Month Contract (view to extend)
- £450 per day (Inside IR35)
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org