Akton Recruitment currently has a vacancy with the Local authority in the South London Area for a Lawyer working for the local Council.
Litigation Lawyer/Senior Lawyer covering enforcement and Licensing.
At ME 16 (Senior Lawyer)
To do all of the above plus:
- Within the caseload of the team to be responsible for the strategically important legal work and to be the lead expert lawyer for a particular legal area.
- To have lead responsibility for providing innovative solutions to deal with complex issues arising in connection with the work within the team and the legal issues presented by clients.
- To lead cross team project teams - co-ordinating the delivery of complex legal projects with lawyers from multiple teams to clients.
- To be responsible for the coordination of the activities within the team to ensure the provision of a quality legal service to all authorities.
- To work proactively to improve productivity, and quality, within the team.
- To be responsible for the line management and supervision of the lawyers and legal assistants allocated to them; supporting the staff in their development, providing performance management and ensuring that the work they are delivering is appropriate and conducting appraisals and 1-2-1s.
- To be responsible, in conjunction with the strategic direction of the Head of Law and Team Manager for the development of the team
- To assist the Team Manager or Head of Law deputise for them, in managing the overall operation of the team
- Any other duties as requested by the Head of the Shared Legal Service or Assistant Director.