To work as part of a team assisting the Senior Local Land Charges Officer/Local Land Charges Manager, in ensuring the delivery of an effective and efficient provision of the Local Land Charges service, to anyone who wishes to search on land/property within the London Borough of Camden
- To assist with maintaining and updating the Local Land Charges Statutory Register in accordance with existing, amended or new legislation, internal audit requirements and filing and achieving systems.
- To undertake text processing as required including entries for the Local Land Charges Statutory Register and from service departments.
- To conduct Official Searches of the Statutory Register and enquiry functions using the Local Land Charges Computer Systems and manual card index system; including assisting members of the public or personal search companies. To carry out all relevant search and enquiry functions using the GIS computer system.
- To assist the Senior Local Land Charges Officer with the preparation of information for the Land and Property Gazetteer computer system. Carrying out checking procedures as required.
- To assist in the operation of systems for the receipt and dispatch of mail and the receipt and banking of all cheques/postal orders received, ensuring strict compliance with the Council’s Financial Regulations.
- To assist the Local Land Charges Manager or Senior Local Land Charges Officer when required with the provision of statistical information and reports.
- To respond to delegated correspondence and enquiries for the Local Land Charges Office as required from a wide variety of internal and external sources, dealing effectively with those enquiries, assessing their relative importance and ensuring these are directed to the most appropriate person or section for action.
- To assist in the updating and maintenance of the Local Land Charges Office quality records and to maintain both manual and computerised filing systems.
- Previous Land Charges Experience would be beneficial
- Previous Local Authority Experience would be beneficial
- Ability to plan and prioritise time
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Locum Contract
- 3 Month + Ongoing
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email email@example.com