In line with the company’s strategy to expand further into lighting controls and Smart Lighting many solutions are
coming to bear which requires additional resource to develop and take to market effectively and within
acceptable time frames.
With a growing number of application segments, products and solutions, there is a need to expand the resource.
Currently only one resource is responsible for the cross-functional development and Deployment of solutions
which is causing delays to solution introductions and restricts the ability to implement further opportunities.
The new resource would enable the company to manage more effectively the active Projects and thus also enable further opportunities to be brought to market.
- Manage product and solution through product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical delivery activities working with multiple internal and external stakeholders across product/solution types
- Collate, understand and define product and service requirements for given range of solutions through market research, customer and sales force feedback
- Make recommendations for new luminaire product lines with Controls/Smart Lighting technology to Luminaire product management teams
- Work with luminaire product management to build business case for development of new solutions within luminaires
- Facilitate luminaire product development to enable a complete wider solution to lighting controls and smart lighting
- Work with project management to ensure operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results
- Work with marketing communications to develop and deploy time-integrated marketing delivery strategies and tools to support sales for go to market strategy
- Assess market competition by comparing the company’s products to those of competitors and providing sound sales support materials to educate sales on benefits of company’s solution. And using market benchmark to focus product development for future products.
- Generate and maintain solutions technical support material and training material including but not limited to return on investment calculation tools and support.
- Analyse product pricing utilising market research and through production and sales cost analysis
- Analyse, recommend and manage partner relationships for the product working with sourcing, legal and supply chain to manage suppliers and assess/create new supplier partners.
- Manage and maintain product information system ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Report development progress and sales/profit revenue
- Facilitate inventory analysis and management ensuring product availability while mitigating excess and obsolete stock
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks, delivering results as needed.
- Improve and maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and training
- Experience or qualification in product management in a technical or service industry including project management skills
- Knowledge of lighting controls and smart lighting or software development solutions preferable.
- Hands on, proactive approach with cross-functional management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in written form and motivate, guide and educate others
- Lighting and electrical products knowledge preferable but not critical
- Experience in identifying, building and commercially deploying technical solutions to market
- Careful attention to detail while multi-tasking and managing multiple stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise tasks/projects accordingly
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word and Powerpoint and able to adapt to new software
- Must have an organised, methodical, technical approach and a capacity to problem solve
- Likely experience: Ideally degree level educated. Technical Lighting controls experience.
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV to Tom Ellis at Akton Recruitment – 0161 233 0034